Sunday, April 22, 2012

Marriage Vows

A few friends who attended my recent wedding suggested I post my wife and I's personal vows. Here they are....


 Kat, we read in Genesis, "Therefore shall a man leave his father and mother and cleave unto his wife," and in Proverbs "Who so findeth a wife findeth a good thing." In you, I have found the best thing, a strong, independent woman who loves me unconditionally, supports my ambitions and dreams and knows me in way no one can pretend to. For nearly eight years, I have had the pleasure of growing up with you, loving you more still each day. You have been my solace, my strength, my source of joy and laughter. You are truly the best thing about me. When I think of us, I think of Johnny Cash and June Carter, a love unchanged by time and built on a trust that knows no limits. As we stand here, surrounded by people we love, family and our dear friends, I am so honored to take you as my wife...and so thrilled that we get to take this journey together. I love you.


 Max, On this April afternoon , I am reminded of the verse James 1:17 which says, "Every good thing bestowed and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of Lights with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow." With a gift such as you, I believe that with all my heart and soul. I was sixteen when I fell in love with you. You changed how I thought, how I dreamed. You made me feel such hope. Your love and dedication to me have never faltered. There is no one I trust in and care for more than you. For close to eight years, I have laughed with you, cried with you and all the while felt at home in your arms. I am so very excited to take you as my husband and so very ready for the next chapter in our lives. I love you.

No comments: